The Hudson River Valley Greenway welcomes you to take part in the many exciting recreational trail efforts occurring throughout the Hudson Valley. The Greenway is helping communities and trail groups establish a system of trails that link cultural and historic sites, parks, open spaces, and community centers as well as providing public access to the Hudson River.
Photo: Robert Goldwitz, www.robertgoldwitz.com
Hikers on the Annual Hudson River Valley Ramble at Peach Hill Park, a Greenway Trail
Where are Greenway Trails located?
Information regarding designated Greenway Trails as well as directions to trail-heads can be found by clicking on the map below. Information such as latitude and longitude of parking areas and allowable trail uses is included, if available.
A pdf list of designated trails is also available here: Designated Hudson River Valley Greenway Trails.
View Hudson River Greenway Trail in a larger map
The goals of the Greenway Land Trail Program are to:
- Coordinate the designation and creation of a hiking/biking/paddling trail network, known as the Hudson River Valley Greenway Trail System, which provides physical and visual access to the Hudson River where possible;
- Promote and preserve the Hudson Valley’s recreational, scenic, natural, cultural, historic, and agricultural resources through carefully planned trail linkages and access points;
- Foster a community-driven, voluntary process for establishing and designating trails;
- Encourage the development of local trails that link to the Greenway Trail System and major trail corridors, forming larger area and regional networks;
- Support and encourage volunteer trail stewardship efforts;
- Enhance trails awareness and advocacy in the region;
- Contribute to the economic development of the Hudson Valley’s communities by creating trails, which support local businesses, complement tourism efforts, and make the valley a better place to live and work;
- Ensure that local communities have the tools they need to plan and develop trails through a program of technical assistance and grants.
For a portable copy of the Trail Map please click here-Trail Map 2.8 MB
Maps of the Greenway trails in each county of the Greenway area are available below. Click on a county to view a map of the designated and potential trails in that county. Or, view the entire Greenway area on this map:
Greenway Designated Land Trail Overview
Red Hook-Rhinebeck Bike Tour Routes
New York City
Washington County (coming soon)
Use the navigation buttons above to discover more about the Greenway Land Trail System.
For more information, or to report errors with this web page, contact the Trails Coordinator by phone (518)473-3835 or by email email@example.com.